Saturday, December 5, 2009

Watching Federer & Tevez at O2

And another long time dream of me got fulfilled.A live tennis match...and I can't ask for more...I got to see my hero Federer play Argentine Del Potro the rising star who outplayed him the US Open.

I was there along with 18000 other spectators at the O2 arena to watch the epic battle.ATP Masters series where the Top 8 play the year end showdown.I just happened to book the tickets very early without worrying whose match am gonna watch.I was jus contended to watch any of the top 8 players playing.And I made a guess that if I take a night ticket am gonna watch a top seed either Federer/Nadal/Murray playing.And when the draws were announced I was thrilled to see Federer playing,I couldnt have asked for anything more and the ticket cost me 30 pounds...definitely not a bad price for watching the master playin.


This is the closest my camera cud get of Fedex


The game never disappointed it was see-saw battle Del Porto started off well and won the first set and federer came back strong to win the 2nd and the 3rd was heading in federer's way until he threw it up....boy Del Porto serves big and has amazing forehand...in the coming years he is definitely goin to be a big challenge for federer...Del porto went on to seal the match winning the last set.....

Federer exited the court early..del porto stayed to know whether he has qualified for the semis...and the announcement was delayed coz all 3 men had equal number of sets won...federer qualified courtesy to his superior games won/lost ration and it was fight between the scot murray the local favorite and the argentine del porto.

Del porto had his nervous moments and was waiting anxiously...in came Carloz Tevez of Man City to meet his fellow argentine and the crowd went crazy shouting Carlito and they both treated the crowd with some rallies with Tevez showing his football skills.




Overall I njoyed my first tennis match...what more can I ask for watching Federer play and Carloz Tevez showing his football skills....

Next on my list is a Premier League match....preferably to watch my Team Arsenal playing @ Emirates.....

No comments: