Saturday, July 25, 2009

Eby's All time favorite Rock Songs (Contd..)

II.Scorpions-Wind of Change



I got introduced to the rock music by a gud friend of mine called Jacob Alexander.....he is a music maniac...the guy plays amazing guitar and a gud singer....Guess wot Wind of Change is the first song he made me listen in his music system.Frm tht day I never looked back the search of gud Rock songs still goes on...I found many and am still on the look for more....I bid goodbye to the Boybands and Techno crap.......

Wind of Change is a power ballad by the German rock band....and the song & music video celebrates the fall of the Berlin Wall.....the song has a unbelievable melodic whistling by Klaus Meine.....the song is so famous it was chosen as the Song of the Century in Germany......



III.White Lion-When the Children Cry




Except for lovers of 80's rock nobody wud know of this band....and for me they r one of the best band to produce some amazing rock ballads....it's sad they didnt last long....though Mike Tramp with new members producing albums...its not tht old White Lion magic anymore....."WHen the Children Cry" is the first song I listened.The song is about children suffering in a war-ridden country...and hope for a better place to live in.

What is best abt this song is the touching & meaningful lyrics,Mike Tramps voice and Vito Bratta's amazing guitar play.
Seventh Day Slumber a Christian band did the cover for this song.....



IV.Ozzy Osbourne-Dreamer



Ozzy known as the "Godfather of heavy Metal" the lead singer of Heavy Metal Band Black Sabbath.He is known for his outrageous acts like biting the head of a live bat in a concert and the list goes on.And you wud never expect such a guy to come out with such a soft rock song.....and yes he did it in style....

The song is compared to John Lennons "Imagine" who was ozzys inspiration.The winter filled Music video did complement the song well.The song was abt ozzy's vision of a better world for his children, where they are happy and safe.



V.Def Leppard- Long Long way to go



It was a tough choice for me to select between "Promises" & "Long Long way to go".Both were really gud ballads..but I had to choose the later one for the lyrics and the overall romantic feeling the song brings.

This song is one of the very underated songs of the Lepards..the voice and guitar play are brilliant.....





VI.R.E.M- Losing my Religion



R.E.M. is an American alternative rock band...initially I had a hesitation to listening the song coz of the song title "Losing my religion"...being a born again christian I didnt want to listen to any Anti-Christ song...a quick googling on the songs lyrics revealed that the phrase "losing my religion" is an expression from the southern region of the United States that means losing one's temper or civility, or "being at the end of one's rope.

Overall I like the song for its awesome melody and unique voice





VII.Firehouse- You're my Religion



FireHouse is an American hard rock band and music similar to WhiteLion....Some of their great rock ballads include "I Live My Life for You", "Love of a Lifetime", and "When I Look Into Your Eyes"...but the one I liked most is "You are my religion" for its awesome music and lyrics which is often confused to a love song and gospel song.

For me it sounded more like a christian song and I luved the amazing lyrics glorifying Jesus.









No comments: